top of page
Carlsbad Parentage Attorney.jpeg



Carlsbad Parentage Attorney

Protect Your Family, Future, and Financial Security

Apogee Law Group is a trusted legal partner specializing in parentage matters. We understand that establishing legal parentage is a fundamental step in ensuring the rights and responsibilities of parents and protecting the best interests of children. Our dedicated team of experienced family law attorneys is well-versed in the intricacies of parentage laws, and we are committed to providing compassionate and effective legal representation to clients navigating through the complex terrain of parentage cases.


Whether you are seeking to establish or challenge parentage, our firm offers personalized guidance, strategic advocacy, and unwavering support throughout the legal process. At Apogee Law, we prioritize the well-being of families and are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the legal framework to establish and protect their parental rights and obligations.


Need help with your child support arrangement in Carlsbad? Contact us today at (858) 933-4511 or complete our online form to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help.

Parentage FAQs

How Do I Establish Parentage?

The start of any paternity matter requires that the parties have established parentage. This is done first by filing a Petition to Determine Parental Relationship. This notifies the court that you want the judge to make an order stating you are the parent. If both parents agree that there is no question as to who the parents are, they can sign a stipulation (agreement) of parentage. If there is some doubt as to who the parents are, a DNA paternity test can be requested. The court will require the parties to complete a DNA test (mouth swab) and based on the results, the court can then enter a judgement establishing parentage.

Can I Get Full Custody of My Child?

While it is possible to get full custody of your child, there must be significant circumstances to convince the judge to make such an order. If you are a victim of domestic violence that was perpetrated by the other parent, you can be granted full custody of your child under Family Code 3044. Other reasons the judge may grant full custody is if the other parent has placed the child in harm’s way, abused them, exposed them to drugs or alcohol, or just plain refuses to play a part in the child’s life.

​Parentage FAQs
Law Office

Have Questions? Contact Apogee Law Group today!

bottom of page